8 Movie Lines Only Travelers Can Relate
Patricia Aleckzandra | PinoyTrekker
There is something about movie lines that can actually inspire you to do things – whether to move on from a heartbreak, or embrace on something new. With the right line, there is a great chance that it might actually push you to reach for something you have always wanted to do. To travel is one of the many things a line can inspire you to do. Here are eight movie lines that can give you the feels of a traveler.
- “Don’t ever think that it was a mistake that you chose to find yourself.”
One More Chance does not only give you the feels of a heart break, but also some lines you can associate other things with. Like this one for example. One thing traveling does to you is it gives you a chance to discover who you are. Being far from your comfort zone can lead you to do things you normally don’t, hence, self-discovery.
- “Wandering around our America has changed me more than I thought. I am not me anymore. At least, I’m not the same me I was.”
This is one strange thing about travelling, it changes you. Once you’ve come home, you are another person with a different view of certain things. That, probably is, the strangest feeling you can get.
- “We do not follow maps to buried treasure and X never, ever marks the spot.”
Cool tip from Indiana Jones in Last Crusade. There is a huge different between a traveler and a tourist, and to know which one is your personality can be a continuous struggle. But one thing is for sure, a traveler does not stop when they get there. They still explore.
- “Paris is always a good idea.”
Says Audrey Hepburn. So is London, NYC, Hongkong, Malaysia, Singapore, the Grand Canyon, ANYWHERE. As long as you get to go out and be you own wanderlust.
- “I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up.”
Adventures. Yes, Jack Dawson is talking about the chance to get adventurous. The excitement he felt by just boarding the ship is as same (or even better) as the adrenaline rush you experience in unplanned trips, not knowing what the day will offer you.
- “The core of man’s spirit comes from new experiences.”
Into The Wild Christopher McCandless tells each of us that experiences indeed makes us grow. It opens our mind and spirit to new things. It affects us truly. What better way to gain experience is by giving yourself a chance to explore the adventures the world offers you.
- “I told myself spreading news was part of a traveler’s nature, but if I was being completely honest, I was just like everybody else: shit-scared of the great unknown. Desperate to take a little piece of home with me.”
This is one thing a lot of travelers can really relate – the urge to go out and explore but still wanting to be at home. Travelers are humans too, experiencing both fear and excitement. But they are also conquerors facing their fears. The unknown can be scary yet very tempting. And as one who seeks adventure, stepping out of your bubble is just a small price to pay.
- “The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself.”
This line from Cast Away just nailed the ultimate reason why travelers travel – to meet new and interesting people, experience traditions, go to different places, expand your horizon, see the beauty of the world. Yes, there is nothing more beautiful than the world itself.
Follow my other articles/blogs in Vigorbuddy, Gogagah, Yomanila, and FoodFindsAsia.