In addition to visiting the best tourist spots in Baguio City, there are many activities that you can also engage in while you are in Baguio City. Here are some of the activities in Baguio City that you can undertake:
- Strawberry picking in La Trinidad. Tagged as the Strawberry Capital of the Philippines, you can experience strawberry picking in La Trinidad for only P450 per kilogram. The farmers will teach and assist you in harvesting your own produce.
- Horseback riding in any of the parks. This is one activity in Baguio that is a big hit among children. It is one of the tourist attraction in the many parks in the city.
- Vegan food trip. Since fruits and vegetables are abundant, a vegan food trip would be a worthwhile activity in Baguio. You should try Azotea Greens and Oh My Gulay (OMG) along Session Road. If you dine in OMG, you get to see Kidlak Tahimik and Co’s artworks.
- Appreciate Baguio art. Baguio is the home of artists like Benedicto Cabera or BenCab, Kidlat Tahimik and many others. You can visit BenCab museum to admire Cabrera’s works. Cabrera is known as the master of Filipino contemporary art. The museum features his paintings, as well as works by other rising Filipinio artists, weapons, artefacts, and native implements from the Cordillera region are also highlighted in the museum. Another location where you can surround yourself with art is in Assumption Road. You will find a very colorful atmosphere in Ili-likha Artist Village while enjoying a good cup of coffee and a meal.
- Sipping hot chocolate at Choco-late de Batirol in Camp John Hay. The cooler Baguio weather makes you want to enjoy something warm to keep you comfortable and happy during your Baguio getaway. To do this, undertake this fun activity in Baguio where you can enjoy the rich dark cholocately goodness the traditional way in Choco-late de Batirol
- Trying Baguio Craft Brewery’s beers. Beer drinkers will enjoy the chance to savor a good bottle of craft beer at the Baguio Craft Brewery. Local favorites include Lagud (strawberry beer), Englishman in New York (American Pale Ale) and Kraken (Baltic Porter).
- Bicycling and boating in Burnham Park. Another activity not to be missed in Baguio is to visit Burnham Park where families can rent bicycles or go on boat rides to admire the scenic beauty of Baguio City.
- Ghost hunting in the haunted spots in the city. Baguio is known for its haunted places like Laperal White House in Leonardwood Road, Diplomat Hotel and Teacher’s Camp. If you want more adventure during your stay in Baguio City, book yourself a ghost tour. If you are brave enough, explore these haunted spots on your own.
- Climbing Mt. Ulap. If mountain climbing is your thing, one good activity in Baguio is to climb Mt. Ulap which is1,846 meters above sea level. While making your way up the mountain, you will come across pine trees, an endless stretch of grass, scenic views of the Cordillera mountains and burial caves.
- Playing dress up with the local residents. If you want to dress up and have your pictures taken, this is the activity in Baguio for you. There are lots of Ifugao costumes to rent for a minimal fee. The local residents will help you tie the tapis around your waist complete with their traditional belt, a big poncho top, and headdress.
- Getting your portrait sketched at Tam-awan Village. Tourists who are interested to know more about the tribe lifestyle can visit Tam-awan Village. Aside from hosting different tribal artworks at the gallery, you also have the option to stay for the night. Souvenirs are also available at the craft shop. But the best souvenir to take home is to have your portrait sketched by one of the artists.
- Burying your negative thoughts at the Cemetery of Negativism. The Cemetery of Negativism is a symbolic cemetery founded by Major Hightower in the early 1980s to encourage visitors to bury their negative thoughts, attitudes and emotions. There are no crosses on the gravestones. Cartoon character like animals with witty epitaphs are engraved on tombs. People who want to change their outlook in life can bury and leave behind all their negative thoughts in this cemetery with the hope that they will leave the cemetery with a lighter heart.
Make the most out of your stay by engaging in these activities in Baguio. You will never know when you will be able to make a return trip.